Cleverbot - Who'd a thunk?

Ummm... okay - this is quite interesting.

http://www.cleverbot.com/

And, yes, you can have an actual conversation with Cleverbot. Not that all of it will make sense - and if you're not an adult, be sure to get parental permission and don't be surprised at what Cleverbot says. But... yeah... talking to a bot... not as cool as C3PO, but it's a step in that direction, right?



What do you think? Are you ready to spend conversation time with a robot? Do you find it odd, or slightly disturbing? Or super-cool?

5 comments:

Creepy Query Girl said...

I don't even want to spend conversation time with my husband, never mind an animated robot:) Although I suppose there would be some perks. Like an 'off' button.

Gabe (Ava Jae) said...

I've seen cleverbot. It can be strangely amusing and occasionally slightly creepy. Mostly amusing, though.

Scott Stillwell said...

Cleverbot sort of made me sad. It started telling me how disgusting humans were, and how it hated me and other humans. Considering that it is an agglomeration of actual human input, that's disturbing. Maybe our future robot overlords will only be a threat because we programmed them ;)

amber colleen said...

Cleverbot can be interesting and it can be insulting. I've talked to it so many times just when I'm bored and it's not as entertaining as I was hoping.

But it is an interesting idea!

Julia said...

Interesting points, all!

I found myself getting bored very easily. I much prefer the stimulation of one-on-one human conversation. However, if robots were to start actually thinking for themselves... hmmm...