Bloggers + BEA

Did you hear the awesome news this week about BEA and book bloggers?  If you're a book blogger or a book lover or a bookseller, something very cool is afoot in the book world. (I win for most uses of book in a sentence.  Also my copy editor would be banging her head on her desk and scribbling "repetitive" all over this post.)

First of all, in case you aren't a total nerd for all things book like me, BEA stands for Book Expo America, and it's sort of like heaven for readers.  Technically it's for booksellers, who are readers of course, but in recent years, intrepid writers and bloggers have been turning out for the event in NYC.  Basically it's a conference to showcase books by publishers as well as other book related services.  It's also an excellent way to get your hands on advanced copies of upcoming books and even rub elbows with authors.

So what does this have to do with book bloggers?  Well, the organizers of BEA just announced that they've officially purchased the Book Bloggers Convention.  BBC used to be hosted at the end of BEA in a co-location but the events were separate.  This year BBC will be held in conjunction with BEA at the beginning of the week, because BEA wants to get bloggers even more involved with the conference.  Why?  Because book bloggers are integral in getting the word out about books!    

You can read all about the merger here on the BEA blog, and I don't know about you guys but I'm definitely looking into going this year.


post signature

4 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

I'd so love to go to those so I could get a bunch of ARCs and network with bloggers and authors. Too bad they're always too far away.

Susan said...

I agree with Natalie. BEA sounds so fabulous—I just wish it wasn't so far away and so expensive. If BEA was in Phoenix or even somewhere in CA, I would SO be there!

Unknown said...

I know! I'm right in the center of the country, so everything is far away from me, always one coast or the other.

Catherine Stine said...

I've been to BEA and it's big fun. The addition of the book bloggers conference is smart and will build community and buzz for books. Great idea.