Introducing Susanne Winnacker a.k.a. myself

I’m not good at writing bios (yeah, I know. That coming from an author. The SHAME). Maybe it’s because I hate writing about myself.

Anyway.

Here comes the most rambling bio ever with more info about me than you probably ever wanted to know.

I live in Germany (just like Lenore!), more precisely the Ruhrgebiet (and you all know where that is, don’t you?? Don’t you?!).

I love parenthesis (oh well). My husband and I are slaves to three bunnies: She-devil, Volderabbit and b*tch (not their actual names but they could be...). They like to spend their days destroying everything that crosses their path. Their latest victim: my edit letter. But I’ve got to hand it to Volderabbit, he took care to gnaw off only my notes, not the actual letter. Lucky for him that I have a good memory.

Our fourth housemate is a Komondor, a Hungarian livestock guardian dog. His hair is short right now, so he looks more like a curly sheep than a huge mop.

I love Chai Latte and coffee, especially Espresso. My husband and I travel a lot. I love to cook and unfortunately to eat. I can’t resist a chocolate soufflé, tiramisu, panna cotta or creme brulée. Yum.

We rarely watch TV but lots of movies and dvds.

My favorite movies: Alien, Avatar, Men in Black, Teminator, Die Hard, Indiana Jones, Kill Bill, Bad Boys, Inglourious Basterds, Lethal Weapon, Sherlock Holmes, X-men, Ice Age, Madagascar, Miss Incongeniality, The Devil wears Prada...

My favorite series: Californication, Six Feet Under, The X-Files, Lost, King of Queens, Home Improvement, The Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

German is my first language but I write in English anyway.

Before becoming a full-time writer, I studied law. And it so wasn’t my thing.

Oh, and I have a book coming out this year: The Other Life, a YA dystopian thriller. You can watch the trailer!

I think that’s enough info about me.


post signature

6 comments:

Good Choice Reading said...

OMG I loved The Other Life! Cannot wait to own a finished copy!!! It's soo good!

Great Post!

Gabe (Ava Jae) said...

Oooh, Avatar, Sherlock Holmes and X-Men make my favorites list, too. :)

Anonymous said...

I know where the Ruhrgebiet is. I have to go there whenever I want to go to Centro :-)

Lissa Price said...

Your trailer has some of the scariest sounds ever! Love the people in the butterfly.

Susanne Winnacker said...

Thanks guys!
@Petra It's been a while since I went to Centro. I really like the new shopping center in Essen though.
@Lissa Scary is good! hehe :D

Elana Johnson said...

I love Volderabbit. That is AWESOME. Can't wait to get my hands on your book!